Thank you for your interest in applying to the Doctoral Program in Second Language Acquisition. Applications to the PhD in Second Language Acquisition are accepted on an annual basis, with a deadline of December 15. Potential applicants are encouraged to explore the following webpages:
- Admissions Requirements
- Applications Procedures and Deadlines
- Faculty profiles: click on links to individual faculty to find out about research projects and priorities
- Program Profile: for data on number of applicants, enrolled students, student funding, time to degree, and more.
There are many ways to pursue a doctoral degree in linguistics, applied linguistics, and second language studies at UW-Madison. Depending on your interests and career goals, you might consider the following UW-Madison graduate programs in addition to our program. We encourage prospective students to explore options in consultation with faculty and staff affiliated with these units, and you may also find detailed information about the various graduate programs in the Graduate Guide. Keep in mind that it is possible to apply to up to three graduate programs with one application fee.
- African Languages & Literature
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Languages & Cultures of Asia
- Scandinavian Studies
- Slavic Languages & Literatures