The SLA Program is pleased to announce a competition for UW-Madison Graduate School Fellowships for the 2018-19 academic year.
Current SLA majors in good standing are invited to submit applications. The program will award at least one 1-semester fellowship in 2018-19 to our current students. Please note that dissertators will be prioritized for this competition.
The Graduate School Fellowship covers
1. a stipend totaling $10,432 per 4½-month semester,
2. payment of all tuition and segregated fees during the fellowship period, and
3. eligibility for health insurance during the fellowship period.
It is important to remember that these fellowships are awarded for the express purpose of allowing students to work on their studies full-time, so no additional TA or PA appointments will be allowed (however, hourly appointments of up to 10 hours/week will be allowed).
To apply for the Fellowship, submit your application materials to Wendy Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, April 30.
The application should include the following:
1) the fellowship application form
2) a description of your specific need for the fellowship (limit of 2,000 characters, including spaces)
3) curriculum vitae
4) an account of your specific goals for academic work to be completed during the fellowship period if awarded the fellowship (limit of 1,000 characters, including spaces)
5) a short statement (a single paragraph will suffice) from your advisor assessing your progress. The advisor should send the statement directly to Wendy.
In addition, dissertators should include a dissertation abstract (limit of 2,000 characters, including spaces) and a narrative timeline for completion of your dissertation, including how much you have already written and when you expect to complete various dissertation milestones (limit of 1,000 characters, including spaces).
Applications will be reviewed by the SLA Steering Committee and decisions will be made based on the academic merit of the application and your progress to date in the program.