Position title: SLA Director, Professor, Dept of German, Nordic & Slavic+, Language(s): German
Classroom language use, particularly L1 use; beliefs and assumptions about language inside and outside the classroom, its affiliated cultures, and its speakers (native and non-native/teachers & learners).
Find out more about Monika Chavez by viewing this faculty profile page.
- Language Evidence (Fall 2008)
- The L1 in Foreign Language Learning and Teaching* (Spring 2009)
- Beliefs and Motivation in Second Language Learning and Teaching (Fall 2009)
- Foreign Language Writing (Fall 2010)
- The Speaking Ecology of a Foreign Language Classroom (Spring 2012)
- Research in Second Language Acquisition (Fall 2013)
- Hot Seat – Language Program Direction (Fall 2014)
- The Language Classroom as a Social Space (Spring 2016)
- The Language Classroom from the Student View (Fall 2016)
- Survey Research in Second Language Acquisition (Spring 2017)
- The Language in Language Learning & Teaching (Fall 2017)
- The L2 as Self and Social Expression (Fall 2018)